Glass squares (two for each coaster)
Pressed pansies, or other flowers or leaves
Non-water-based clear-drying craft glue
3 1/2-inch toothpick or small paintbrush
1/4-inch-wide silvered-copper-foil tape
Pencil or ice pop stick
2. Wipe the panes carefully with glass cleaner and a paper towel. Be careful not to smudge the glass or trap any dust between panes while you work.
3. Handling the flowers carefully with tweezers, position them on one pane until you are satisfied with your arrangement. Using a tiny dab of glue on a toothpick or small paintbrush, adhere the flowers to the pane. Allow glue to dry before continuing.
4. Carefully place a second pane on top, sandwiching the flowers between the two panes and aligning the edges exactly.
5. To seal, hold the panes together with binder clips, moving the clips from one side to another as you tape. Place the end of the metal tape along an edge of the glass, and wrap the tape around the entire perimeter. Overlap the ends slightly, then snip the tape with scissors.
6. For a tight seal, rub the tape thoroughly until the edge is smooth, using the side of a pencil or ice pop stick as a burnishing tool.
7. If necessary, clean the coasters with a soft cloth or paper towels and glass cleaner. Do not submerge coasters in water; the tape does not produce a watertight seal.