- Craft knife and scissors
- 4 (12- by 18-inch) craft foam sheets
- Large and small circle-shaped craft punches
- Fabric glue
- Sheer fabric in 2 colors (about 2 yards total)
- Double-sided carpet tape and duct tape6 (19-inch) lengths of 18-gauge wire
- 3 yards of marabou boa
- Measuring tape
- Adhesive-backed Velcro
- 2 (12-inch) extra-thick pipe cleaners
Wings: With a craft knife, cut the craft foam into 2 identical sets of wings (so both the left and right wings have 2 layers) and 2 connectors. (See diagram 1)
are aligned. Working on the bottom layer of each wing, glue sheer fabric over the cutout areas,
then use the carpet tape to attach the bottom wings to one connector and to affix the wires.
To make the straps, lay 2 lengths of boa across the connector. Apply carpet tape between them and on either side. Add more carpet tape around the wings' edges, then top with the second layer of wings and the remaining connector, pressing them firmly together. Have your child try on the wings, then tie and trim the straps.